Alfresco Community 4.2
What's new in Alfresco Community 4.2?
The Search results dashlet allows a user to enter fts-alfresco search and see results across all their sites (when added to user dashboard) or just within a specific site (site dashboard).
Similar to Site Search – but the query is set via the dashlet settings panel – since this panel is only accessible to Site Managers. It means that "pre-canned" site searches can be set up by a Site Manager – great for reporting since it supports the full power of fts-alfresco search syntax. The title of dashlet can also be changed in the settings panel to make it clearer what the dashlet is reporting on.
Dashlet to show forum posts that a user has created or replied to recently.
The Image Summary included a Improved liquid layout, folder path selection to show sub-set of images within a site, as well as an improved lightbox view.
My Tasks Dashlet
Filter “all” has been split into “active” and “completed”, with paging added.
Content I’m Editing
Dashlet converted to asynchronous loading to improve initial dashboard display speed.
Add a custom notice for display to site users by a Site Manager. A more convenient way to display HTML text content in a dashlet that adding the wiki dashlet to perform this function.
The latest Share user interface theme to be added to Alfresco and a preview of the newer more modern look we are working towards in the Share UI. This theme is a step towards a lighter looking, more modern UI experience. This theme is now the default for new installations.
Document Library extendible views
The ability for developers to more easily add custom view modes to the Document Library. See the blog by Ray Gauss.
Rich Media Gallery View for Document Library
The first version of the Gallery View is now available in the Document Library – try it out to explore the shiny! More Multi-Media related views will be coming soon also. The new view supports the standard Document Library features such as multi-file select, drag-and-drop upload and also new features such the ability to dynamically change the number and size of the thumbnail images that are displayed in real-time.
Public sharing of shortened document URLs
Workflow UI improvements
- Delete completed workflow
- Show the completed tasks and workflows
iPad and Android usability fixes and improvements
HTML editing for Create Content, Wiki, Blogs, and Forums (TinyMCE integration improved), drag-n-drop support for Customize Dashboard/Site and rules ordering.
HTML5 multi-file upload
As well as the existing HTML5 drag-n-drop (in supported HTML5 browsers), the Document Library now supports multi-file selection in the standard upload dialog. With this change, there really is no need for the Flash-based uploader on modern browsers. Note that the Flash uploader is now disabled by default due to enhanced Tomcat 7 security settings - see the Release Notes if you require the Flash uploader for older browsers.
- module-deployment features
- No need to “clear internet cache” for end users when deploying Alfresco 4.2 or any future version. This great feature means the pain of clearing the temporary files cache has gone away when rolling out Alfresco 4.2 to your users!
- CSS image encoding (automatic embedding of small image resources into CSS files); a feature that helps to save resources reducing the number of small image files that need to be downloaded to the client
- Widget refactoring and extensibility hooks
- More Share extensibility features for developers
- Configurable RemoteClient - timeouts, buffer sizes, http proxy settings, tcp settings, the white/black list of unsecure HTML tags for wiki editing and inline display of HTML content from Alfresco is now fully configurable
- Prevent 304 revalidations for unchanged thumbnail images - a feature that means Share will no longer need to execute checks back to Alfresco to see if document or user avatar thumbnail images have changed – reduced network traffic and improved performance
Category Manager and Tag Manager fixes and improvements
- Stability and coverage (litmus tests), range header support.
- WebDAV-based activities
Latest Activiti BPM engine
Activiti 5.10 release
Search help information
Inline help for the main search page when results are found.
Download as ZIP action
Combined multi-file download action in the document library.
Google Docs integration in Share is now available as an optional module in the installer.
- CMIS-based activities
For more information on Alfresco and CMIS please see cmis.alfresco.com.
Implementation of secure IMAP protocol, IMAPS
RM 2.0.1 Compatibility
The Records Management 2.0.1 module is compatible with Community 4.2 and is available on the additional downloads page.
Forms Runtime Validation improvements
Improved user feedback for invalid form data - as already present on Alfresco Cloud.
Wiki CSS improvements
Improved stylesheet for displaying pages for the Wiki component in Share.