Client Manage Content Rules
Warning: Archived Page
The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.comRules are evaluated when certain events happen within the system. Typically, the events are inbound (content arrives into a space) or outbound (content leaves a space). All the rules are evaluated and all whose conditions are met are acted on.
These are the conditions that are tested to see whether the rule is applied. Any number of conditions may be combined in a single rule, but all conditions must be true for the rule to apply.
- All items - Any item will match this condition
- Items of a specified type or sub-type - Test the content type of the item, such as whether it is a policy document
- Items that have a specific aspect applied - Test whether a given aspect has already been applied to the item, such as whether the item is versionable, classifiable or translatable.
- Items that have a specific value in their name - Test whether the given text can be found in the name of the item.
- Items with the specified category value - Test whether the item has been classified with the given category value.
- Items with the specified mimetype - Test whether the item has the given mimetype, such as Microsoft Word, JPEG Image, OpenOffice Writer.
The actions are done when the conditions are all met. A rule may contain any number of actions and they will all be applied to the matching item.
- Add aspect to item - Adds an aspect to the item, such as versionable.
- Add simple workflow to item - Adds a workflow to the item. This allows a forward and backward routing to be defined.
- Check in content - If the item is already checked out, a working copy, then it will be checked in by the action.
- Check out content - If the item is not already checked out, a working copy, then it will be checked out by the action.
- Copy item to a specific space - Create a copy of the item in the given location.
- Execute a script - Execute (run) a script from the Data Dictionary/Scripts folder.
- Extract common metadata fields from content - Perform analysis of the content and extract any embedded metadata (if supported) and add as Alfresco metadata. Microsoft Office document properties, OpenOffice and a number of other formats are supported.
- Import an Alfresco content package - Attempt to import the item. The item should be in the Alfresco Export format, for example as exported from a space or the administration console.
- Link item to category - Adds the given category value to the item.
- Move item to a specific space - Moves the item to the given space.
- Send an email to specified users - Create and send an email
- Specialize the type of an item - Change the content type to a more specific type. For example, make a standard document into a policy document and add the appropriate metadata for that content type.
- Transform and copy content to a specific space - Generate a copy of the item in a different format, such as text, PDF or HTML.
- Transform and copy image to a specific space - Generate a copy of an image in a different image format and optionally apply transformations such as resize.